New IT forum
28 September 2021, 04:49:17 am *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: MiraBox now in stock.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: GuruPlug shipping estimates?  (Read 198932 times)

nimiq

Re: GuruPlug shipping estimates?
« Reply #210 on: 12 July 2010, 01:10:49 am »

Hi guys. I'd like to buy a Guru Plug Server but after reading this thread I have some questions.
They say (http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/news.aspx?showarticle=4) the problem is about the 2 Gb ethernets in the Server Plus and if you use just one Gb ethernet (and one 10/100 Mb ethernet) the problem will not occur. What is your experience about?
I read something here and it doesn't seem like they say...

And what about the Guru Plug Server (not Plus). It has a Gb ethernet, but just one... so I suppose it is not affected by this problem even if you use the Gb ethernet, right?

Thanks,
Paolo

sk.akties

« Reply #211 on: 12 July 2010, 08:56:58 am »

Not wanting to spoil the sales for these gadgets, but I have to be honest:

Even when my GP+ is in use using the "temperature limiting specs" so without Wifi / BT and GB ethernet
the thing gets too hot. I doubt even when this is within design limits it will not last for long using it as intended.
I would almost say that Globalscale is telling fairy tales and wants to limit the damage:
If they admit a design flaw all first batch users could claim money back and/or a redesigned version.
That redesigned version is not in the picture anymore because it works as intended (with limited specs)  >:(
The professional upgrade kit ( ::) ) will probably cost money and we need to see if that solves all problems with the heat development.

But on the bright side: there is also a thread of people who are happy with the GP and many others are using their hobby skills
and the Dremel tools / other casings / heatsinks etc. But again I think that is not what we all wanted in the first place.

TD-er

« Reply #212 on: 14 August 2010, 08:13:34 pm »

At july 18th we all received an email stating the wait was "In the coming weeks (not months)"
This was 4 weeks ago, which is 4 days short of a month. (3 if you look at the date on the Globalscale site)

A few lines below another 'estimate' was given:
We will be issuing instructions shortly on how to obtain a kit.

So apparently "shortly" is at least 4 weeks.

I've ordered my Guruplug at Feb. 28, which is 2 weeks short of 6 months.
Here in Holland the law states that when a product shows any defect in the first 6 months, it must be concluded the problem which causes the malfunction was already present at production. After this moment it is up to the customer to prove the product was handled properly and thus not responsible for the malfunction.
I am afraid this will take too long and in my opinion NewIT should make sure Globalscale will deliver the promised upgrade or I think NewIT will get a lot of refund claims for which they will probably not be reembursed by Globalscale.

And to be honest, it is quite rediculous there is still not a working product (as advertised) after 6 months.

vveng

« Reply #213 on: 15 August 2010, 07:34:46 am »

I'm one of customers who pre-ordered GuruPlug Server Plus, and got overheating version, and must say I'm waiting impatiently for so called "professional upgrade kit" availability. Previous post mention some e-mail dated July 18 - I didn't received any such e-mail (I've checked my mailbox)! I got all information from the forum. Up to now, I did'nt wrote to NewIT - I'm just tracking info at this forum. Should I speak up to get upgrade in time?

Also, any information about upgrade availability is very appreciated!

Thanks,
Victor

NewIT_Jason

• New IT Technical Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #214 on: 16 August 2010, 10:31:38 am »

We are still awaiting details from GST as to how they intend on rolling out the upgrade kit.
As soon as we have more details we will be in contact.

TD-er

« Reply #215 on: 16 August 2010, 06:59:37 pm »

We are still awaiting details from GST as to how they intend on rolling out the upgrade kit.
As soon as we have more details we will be in contact.
I'm just curious, how does NewIT feel about GlobalScale's attitude towards this?
They don't seem to communicate.
They didn't test the product they sell/produce, otherwise these problems wouldn't have be seen on about all the Guruplugs sold.
They keep postponing their own estimates, even without any communication.

vveng

« Reply #216 on: 18 August 2010, 05:43:21 am »

Just noticed Global Scale Technologies silently, without any announcements or clarifications, revokes news item dated July 17 about "weeks, not monthes, availability" of upgrade kit. Does not seems serious and responsible for me...

Anyway, thanks and keep us informed.

Victor

TD-er

« Reply #217 on: 18 August 2010, 05:57:17 pm »

Well my previous post about GS's statement doesn't make any sense anymore since GS removed the newsitem, I'll quote their text here:
First of all, we wish to thank our loyal customers who have been very patient and stood by us while we were resolving the “Heat Problem” with the GuruPlug Server Plus!
Further to our announcement about a week ago, we are pleased to advice of the permanent solution to the problem. In the coming weeks (not months), we will be releasing the simple to install “Professional Upgrade Kit”. Part of this kit includes a micro fan with wire harness.  This fan will not only dissipates the heat being generated by the CPU, but also brings the GuruPlug Server Plus back in line with its original specifications. Therefore, those of you who bought the Plug specifically to run 2 x 1Gb Ethernet will be able to do so freely and without limitations.

The “Professional Upgrade Kit” together with full instructions, will be provided free of charge on request to all existing users of the GuruPlug Server Plus, but there will be a nominal shipping and handling charge. We will be issuing instructions shortly on how to obtain a kit.

Those of you who receive units from shipments starting in August 2010, will have the kit already installed and you will be able to run all applications to the fullest from the get go.

We apologize for not making this announcement sooner, but we wanted to do our “due diligence” and carry out exhaustive field and thermal tests to ensure you will be receiving  a quality and robust product which captures the “always on eco friendly” philosophy of the “Plug Computer”.

Thank-you once again for your encouraging support while we were dealing with this problem, and we hope you will  check our web-site regularly for details on more new and exciting products that will be introduced in the coming months.

I don't think I will ever buy another item from Globalscale when they're trying to wipe all evidence of their admittance the sold product is faulty.
So we can add an extra item about GS to the list:

Globalscale:
They don't seem to communicate.
They didn't test the product they sell/produce, otherwise these problems wouldn't have be seen on about all the Guruplugs sold.
They keep postponing their own estimates, even without any communication.
They remove previous made statements in which they admit the problems with the faulty product they sell.

sfzhi

« Reply #218 on: 23 August 2010, 01:50:46 pm »

At the moment the removed message is still in the Google cache:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:L_yuJ5kjEncJ:www.globalscaletechnologies.com/news.aspx%3Fshowarticle%3D4&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a

Who wants to save a copy should hurry up. You might use it in a lawsuit against GlobalScale  ;).

TD-er

« Reply #219 on: 23 August 2010, 07:50:02 pm »

At the moment the removed message is still in the Google cache:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:L_yuJ5kjEncJ:www.globalscaletechnologies.com/news.aspx%3Fshowarticle%3D4&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a

Who wants to save a copy should hurry up. You might use it in a lawsuit against GlobalScale  ;).
Well that's even better since Google shows a timestamp with it.
I'll keep a screenshot, just to be sure.
But I sure hope NewIt will come up with a sollution, since I bought the product from them.

TD-er

« Reply #220 on: 30 August 2010, 08:17:20 pm »

And another week has passed.
Any update from GS?

TD-er

« Reply #221 on: 06 September 2010, 05:12:04 am »

And another week has passed.
Any update from GS?

I can keep on repeating myself, but when does NewIT take any action? I think we cannot expect much from Globalscale anymore.

NewIT_Jason

• New IT Technical Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #222 on: 06 September 2010, 10:09:52 am »

We now have two outstanding orders for the GuruPlugs which are due into us, we have been given the following despatch dates from Globalscale:

Order 1 - 10th September
Order 2 - 15th September

This means we should receive these ten days later and therefore will endeavour to get our customers orders out within 72hrs.

midtskogen

« Reply #223 on: 07 September 2010, 09:23:00 am »

What about the "Professional Upgrade Kit"?  You stated that it would be offered in weeks, not months, and that's quite a few weeks ago now...

I currently have two GuruPlugs that I'm unable to use for anything.

NewIT_Jason

• New IT Technical Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #224 on: 07 September 2010, 01:09:13 pm »

What about the "Professional Upgrade Kit"?  You stated that it would be offered in weeks, not months, and that's quite a few weeks ago now...

I currently have two GuruPlugs that I'm unable to use for anything.

we are still awaiting a despatch date for the upgrade kits from Globalscale, as soon as they give us a date we will post the details here.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17