New IT forum
28 September 2021, 03:27:26 am *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: CubieBoard 2 and Cubietruck both now in stock.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: GuruPlug shipping estimates?  (Read 198931 times)

NewIT_Marcus

Re: GuruPlug shipping estimates?
« Reply #90 on: 14 May 2010, 04:07:02 pm »

Thank you for your patience, and once again apologies for the delays.

peter a

« Reply #91 on: 14 May 2010, 04:20:25 pm »

Three Cheers to Roger the pigeon !!!! , without him we would never get our Guruplug .

Long live Roger the pigeon

lou1z

« Reply #92 on: 14 May 2010, 04:41:51 pm »

and then the fun begins......seems to be issues with them at the moment with the nic's and booting. there's also reports of them running hot, hot, hot and then giving up the ghost.

MoDaX

« Reply #93 on: 14 May 2010, 08:47:59 pm »

As far as I can tell, rebooting with ethernet cable seems to be fixable. Not sure what to think about overheating...

crn

« Reply #94 on: 15 May 2010, 11:57:38 am »

With any luck the long delays will have been caused by the factory sorting out the overheating problems and our units will be OK.

We can but hope .......

peter a

« Reply #95 on: 15 May 2010, 12:53:25 pm »

as per Dirty Harry

“You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?”

I don`t think they will fix the overheating problem until they start to get them back, Like the power supply problem with the sheevaplug .

But we can only hope .

lou1z

« Reply #96 on: 17 May 2010, 12:56:21 pm »

and the ash cloud now returns...... with flights from as far away as India postponed into the UK. They may well be better on a "slow boat from china"

jmredondo

« Reply #97 on: 17 May 2010, 03:12:52 pm »

Hopefully next week we have finally our beloved gadget,  :D

Taillo

« Reply #98 on: 17 May 2010, 08:01:56 pm »

I hope....  :)

darek

« Reply #99 on: 17 May 2010, 08:04:00 pm »

yey, i can't wait

NewIT_Jason

• New IT Technical Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #100 on: 18 May 2010, 08:05:10 am »

We have had an update from the shipping company in Hong Kong, Globalscale have only sent half of our order that we are due to receive later this week.
I spoke to Globalscale last night and they are going to send us the documentation for what they have despatched, so far we know there is a mix of Standard’s and Plus units, but we do not know what power versions they are UK, EU or both.

Globalscale have said the reason for the part delivery is due to QA issues with the power supply’s in the units (which I am sure some of you have read about already), therefore they have started to have new power supply’s delivered in and are replacing the power supply’s in the units that have been ordered by customers.

What this means to our customers

We will be working through the pre orders the fairest way possible, starting with the orders that were placed the earliest, but as mentioned above, we will have to work on what power types we are sent.

As soon as we receive more information on what we have coming, we can then post on what will be despatched.  Again as soon as Globalscale can tell us when we will receive the balance of our order, we will post this information.

Please be assured that we will pass on information that we are given, as and when we receive it.

Once again many thanks for your patience.

darek

« Reply #101 on: 18 May 2010, 08:10:55 am »

Sorry guys for that, but FUCK!.

Will I ever get my GP? probably not this time :/

munka

« Reply #102 on: 18 May 2010, 08:29:13 am »

Thanks for the update, and yes I would rather have a serviceable GP with a delay than one that I would need to hack the PSU and probably void the warranty.

atari

« Reply #103 on: 18 May 2010, 08:47:54 am »

Thanks for the update, and yes I would rather have a serviceable GP with a delay than one that I would need to hack the PSU and probably void the warranty.

Same here, thank you for the update.
Globalscale Technologies was already late, when shipping the first sheevaplugs - I don't know why Marvell doesn't change their distributor...

lou1z

« Reply #104 on: 18 May 2010, 09:05:28 am »

i'm still a little unsure to the meaning of the above. does that mean that the gp's that are arriving have the new improved psu fitted (hence only half the order) or does it mean that this first batch has the old (overheating) psu's?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17