New IT forum
26 October 2020, 12:02:58 pm *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: CubieBoard 2 and Cubietruck both now in stock.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Cross-compiling from PC-based Ubuntu to SheevaPlug Ubuntu (SD Card)  (Read 13806 times)

marcusj

Hi

I would like some pointers as to the recommended best approach for cross-compiling from a PC workstation (running Ubuntu) to the SheevaPlug.  I have a webcam for which I want to compile a driver that isn't supported in the distro shipped on the SheevaPlug SD card (http://groups.google.com/group/microdia/web/testing-microdia-driver-draft).

I have seen that scratchbox, etc. might be a way to go, but would need to know all the settings and parameters in order to configure the cross-development environment to work for the SheevaPlug Ubuntu (2.6.30.2  armv5tel).

Tried latest buildroot - but a little confused how to configure target armv5 or armv5tel not available - only generic arm?

Update:  Found this http://plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/Compiling_Linux_Kernel_for_the_Plug_Computer - will try...

Regards

Marcus
« Last Edit: 26 November 2009, 02:21:08 pm by marcusj »

NewIT_Marcus

Re: Cross-compiling from PC-based Ubuntu to SheevaPlug Ubuntu (SD Card)
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2009, 08:37:08 am »

Marcus -

The original CD that we received had - or was supposed to have - a suitable version of gcc and a development environment (filesystem). However, there was a problem of some sort with the pressing and the files were not readable. The CD that we distribute has a different point version (1.2b instead of 1.2) and does not include the necessary files. The best I could find was version 1.1 here. Presumably other methods and sources are available, and the wiki page & instructions you found are probably the best guide.

David James

« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2010, 01:44:37 pm »

Resurrecting an old topic ...

Does anyone have any good pointers on how to set up the environment for cross-compiling?

NewIT_Marcus

« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2010, 08:23:10 am »

Here's how to cross-compile a kernel. It should be a start.

David James

« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2010, 03:59:58 pm »

Here's how to cross-compile a kernel. It should be a start.

Sorry, I'm probably blind,  but if there was meant to be a link to something, I'm not seeing it.

NewIT_Marcus

Pages: [1]