New IT forum
31 October 2014, 02:01:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: GertDuino now in stock.

Home   SHOP Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GuruPlug Plus - Rootfs - Factory Reset?  (Read 4225 times)
karloss

« on: 13 July 2010, 11:09:21 am »

Hey Guys,

I recently received my GuruPlus and as per our last emails, I was having some problems, though I seem to have sorted the biggest issues..

I have managed to follow the guide here - http://www.plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/Reflashing_images_on_the_GuruPlug

and have successfully re-flashed the "original stock" rootfs image from here - http://openplug.org/index.php/us/resources/downloads?func=fileinfo&id=78

Now the plug boots, but there seem to be lots of mini issues I wasn't expecting...

1, only my top (there are 4 in a "ring") LED works when booted, used to have them all alight?
2, my wifi doesn't seem to be starting? (Nothing listed under ifconfig)
3, the administration web site is missing? (Just displayed the lightppd placeholder)

Is there a reason as to why this rootfs doesn't appear to be "stock" i.e. the way the plug was when it arrived?

any help or pointers are much welcomed.

Thanks

Karl
NewIT_Marcus

« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2010, 02:14:28 pm »

Globalscale added some networking stuff - there's some discussion of this at the plugcomputer forum - my guess is that those scripts aren't included in the rootfs that you used to restore the Guruplug.           
karloss

« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2010, 08:10:43 am »

Ok, I will have another look around on the plugcomputer forums, I have posted this same post there and had no responses from anyone, and no response from Globalscal still... Sad

thanks for the heads up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: