New IT forum
31 July 2014, 03:20:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MiraBox now in stock.

Home   SHOP Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: GuruPlug shipping estimates?  (Read 87560 times)
Czayen

« Reply #105 on: 18 May 2010, 09:18:48 am »

i'm still a little unsure to the meaning of the above. does that mean that the gp's that are arriving have the new improved psu fitted (hence only half the order) or does it mean that this first batch has the old (overheating) psu's?

Good question. I really don't want to receive the faulty unit..
Taillo

« Reply #106 on: 18 May 2010, 09:39:52 am »

Thanks you Jason for a mail.
The new IT is much more serious than GlobalScale!
I hope there will GuruPlug for France!
crn

« Reply #107 on: 18 May 2010, 09:48:39 am »

Globalscale have said the reason for the part delivery is due to QA issues with the power supply’s in the units (which I am sure some of you have read about already), therefore they have started to have new power supply’s delivered in and are replacing the power supply’s in the units that have been ordered by customers.

This is unfortunately the downside of having equipment manufactured in China, the industry there is incredibly competitive which can lead to bad components sneaking in from the lowest bidder leading
to expensive rework and delays. This will improve as the industry matures but it will take time.

Patience is a virtue ......
Taillo

« Reply #108 on: 18 May 2010, 10:02:29 am »

Globalscale have said the reason for the part delivery is due to QA issues with the power supply’s in the units (which I am sure some of you have read about already), therefore they have started to have new power supply’s delivered in and are replacing the power supply’s in the units that have been ordered by customers.

This is unfortunately the downside of having equipment manufactured in China, the industry there is incredibly competitive which can lead to bad components sneaking in from the lowest bidder leading
to expensive rework and delays. This will improve as the industry matures but it will take time.

Patience is a virtue ......

...a virtue which in the limits
NewIT_Jason
New IT Technical Staff
Administrator

« Reply #109 on: 18 May 2010, 12:12:35 pm »

i'm still a little unsure to the meaning of the above. does that mean that the gp's that are arriving have the new improved psu fitted (hence only half the order) or does it mean that this first batch has the old (overheating) psu's?

Sorry, should have made it clearer...

All of our units in the first batch due this week and the second batch due (still awaiting an answer from GST), have the new power supply installed.

"Globalscale have said the reason for the part delivery is due to QA issues with the power supply’s in the units , therefore they have started to have new power supply’s delivered in and have replaced the power supply's in our units before we receive them in this week."
« Last Edit: 18 May 2010, 12:41:24 pm by NewIT_Jason » Logged
darek

« Reply #110 on: 18 May 2010, 12:28:00 pm »

Hope I'll get GP in in this part, 2 month of waiting is long enought :/
demus

« Reply #111 on: 18 May 2010, 01:01:43 pm »

First of all thanks for the update, and especially thanks for also sending it by email.

I was under the impression that the package contained connectors for all 3 types of socket, or at least both euro and UK.
lou1z

« Reply #112 on: 18 May 2010, 01:41:00 pm »

demus, i'm sure when i ordered mine, i had to select the type of plug (uk or euro) so hope you have the right one.
Juhani

« Reply #113 on: 18 May 2010, 02:54:33 pm »

Yes, thank you for the update.
I for one am happy to wait, if it means I won't be getting a faulty device.

Besides... waiting's what preordering is all about. If you can't enjoy it, you've missed half of the fun Wink
NewIT_Jason
New IT Technical Staff
Administrator

« Reply #114 on: 18 May 2010, 08:17:54 pm »

I spoke to Globalscale last night and they are going to send us the documentation for what they have despatched, so far we know there is a mix of Standard’s and Plus units, but we do not know what power versions they are UK, EU or both.

I have just been informed that the 500 units that are due into us on Friday are as follows:

150 GuruPlug Server Standard EU versions
350 GuruPlug Server Plus EU versions

So sorry to all our UK customers, the wait is still on for all you chaps.

As i said before we will be working through the orders in order of who placed theirs first.
darek

« Reply #115 on: 18 May 2010, 08:20:48 pm »

So, is there a chance that I'll get my GP next week? nice, very nice Smiley
atari

« Reply #116 on: 18 May 2010, 08:47:58 pm »

Is there a chance of getting one "GuruPlug Server Plus EU" with an order ID below 650?
darek

« Reply #117 on: 18 May 2010, 09:04:03 pm »

Fck, i've got order id 1034, so I don't get GP now :/
NewIT_Jason
New IT Technical Staff
Administrator

« Reply #118 on: 18 May 2010, 09:18:20 pm »

Is there a chance of getting one "GuruPlug Server Plus EU" with an order ID below 650?

We will be going through the orders tomorrow, but yes at a quick guess if you ordered an EU version and your order number is below 1500 it's looking good.
Czayen

« Reply #119 on: 18 May 2010, 09:46:25 pm »

So sorry to all our UK customers, the wait is still on for all you chaps.

Cry  Do we have any rough estimates when is the second half of the order due to be shipped? Is it a matter of weeks or months?
« Last Edit: 19 May 2010, 10:13:31 am by Czayen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: