New IT forum
21 November 2014, 06:48:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: GertDuino now in stock.

Home   SHOP Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any word on replacement PSU availability from NewIT?  (Read 7106 times)
c128

« on: 06 July 2010, 07:47:26 am »

Hi,

For those of us that are waiting for an "official" replacement PSU, either as a replacement under warranty or as a purchase out of warranty, is there any word on possible/probable availability?
As I don't want to void my warranty (my dead plug is only about 8 months old) I haven't popped the cover and attempted any sort of work around...
I know you chaps are waiting on Globalscale, but I've been plug-less since my Sheeva's PSU bit the dust last month :-( - I've switched my fileserver back to an old slug, but it's no substitue for speed and multi-user access.

Thanks.
Jon.
c128

« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2010, 05:56:37 am »

Hi,

Just had the mail below about PSU replacement from you chaps, which all looks promising; I don't mind doing the replacement myself, so there's no need to return my Sheevaplug and incur that £7 fee.

However, what's the process for people, like myself, that need to order and get the replacement PSU under warranties that are still valid?

Thanks,
Jon.

Hi there

We have now after ridiculous long negotiations with Globalscale, come up with a cost effective solution to the PSU problem that your SheevaPlug has.  We are still trying to pin down the exact delivery date for these units and as soon as we have an accurate date we will update the shop and email you to let you know.
These are now available to be pre ordered through our shop: https://www.newit.co.uk/shop/proddetail.php?prod=SheevaPlugPSU
Here is the guide from Globalscale for installing the new PSU: http://www.newit.co.uk/assets/files/SheevaPlug-How to replace PSU.pdf 

If you feel you are not confident to do this replacement you can of course send the unit to us for us to carry out the replacement, there will however be a charge for returning the unit to you, this will be based on your location:

UK Customers - £ 7.00
EU Customers - £10.00

Best regards
Jason King
BA MBCS
Director
NewIT_Jason
New IT Technical Staff
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2010, 06:00:03 am »

We can of course supply these under your warranty, but first we need to have your failed PSU returned to us (this is a stipulation from Globalscale, we have had to buy the PSU’s and will get refunded for the failed PSU’s we return to them), before we can send out the replacement.

The charge for sending out the replacement PSU will be based on your location:

UK Customers - £2.50
EU Customers - £5.00

If you feel you are not confident to do this replacement you can of course send the unit to us for us to carry out the replacement, there will however be a charge for returning the unit to you, this will again be based on your location:

UK Customers - £ 7.00
EU Customers - £10.00
c128

« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2010, 11:57:08 am »

Just waiting on my replacement PSU and I've noticed that the date on the shop page for supply has gone up from 04/08/10 to 31/08/10 :-(.

Is this Globalscale failing to deliver completely or have a batch been delivered and all despatched based on back orders?
mgillespie

« Reply #4 on: 12 November 2010, 06:05:22 pm »

Can I clarify something.

I didn't buy my Sheevaplug from NewIT (there was no UK distributor when I got mine, I had to deal with Globalscale directly, which was a nightmare).

My PSU has now died and I need to get it back up and running.   Will you do warranty swapouts (for the nominal P&P) on units purchases directly from Globalscale, or are you only dealing with units purchased from you?

Also, what's the deal with stock?
NewIT_Jason
New IT Technical Staff
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: 12 November 2010, 06:34:13 pm »

Hi There for warranty issues with a unit you purchased from GST, you would have to contact tem - sorry.
The PSU's are due into us within the next two weeks, we should be able to give a firm delivery date by the end of next week.
mgillespie

« Reply #6 on: 15 November 2010, 11:30:17 pm »

Ordered a replacement PSU from you guys.  I couldn't bear the trauma of dealing with Globalscale, and I know they will hide behind their 30day warranty and importing excuse...

Hopefully the new powersupplies are more reliable...
mgillespie

« Reply #7 on: 26 November 2010, 06:11:12 pm »

Replacement PSU arrived today, fitted and Sheeva is back up and running fine.   It was a doddle to fit, and the revised PSU design looks much more robust (but only time will really tell).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: